• Essential Information Group provide the auction software platform for all UK property Auctions. They hold unique data and are the most up-to-date sales history information. All other data available via Land Registry or Rightmove is at least 3 months old as all information listed on Rightmove and the Land Registry is not updated daily. Henry uses, EIG data every day, and this is his primary data source.
• When using Rightmove - use the new 'keyword search' feature on Rightmove, where you can add certain new keywords, this is a new feature added in 2020. On Zoopla, a feature not on Rightmove - you can now search by 'Most Popular.'
LAND REGISTRY ACCESS TOOLS AND SOFTWARE.
We use Landinsight as our main platform to access all Land Registry Information. Although very expensive, we find Landinsight the most user-friendly and is an invaluable resource for any property trader.
• Pro Map
VERTICAL SEARCH ENGINES WEB CRAWLERS & KEYWORD CRAWLERS
A Web crawler, sometimes called a spider or spiderbot is a way of finding property for sale not listed on Rightmove or common indexed on Google search results. I often search certain keywords such as 'in need of' inside my target areas and am often surprised to find results for property not listed on any other searching.
ROYAL INSTITUTION OF CHARTERED SURVEYORS
• RICS publishes a monthly report at https:// www.rics.org/uk/news-insight/research/ market-surveys/uk-residential-market- survey
FREEDOM OF INFORMATION REQUESTS
• Find FOI details for local council planning and other interesting activity at www.whatdotheyknow.com
• Placenorthwest.co.uk for local North West news.
• Check The Times and The Financial Times for regular, high-quality property stories.
• CNBC and Bloomberg TV offer an international perspective on our economy and politics.
THE INSTITUTE OF DIRECTORS CONFIDENCE TRACKER
• https://www.iod.com/Portals/0/PDFs/ Campaigns%20and%20Reports/Economy/ winter-2018-confidence-tracker. pdf?ver=2018-12-09-185407-617
OFFICE FOR BUDGET RESPONSIBILITY
• The OBR often mentions property in their reports at https://obr.uk
OFFICE FOR NATIONAL STATISTICS
• Find property statistics at https://www.ons.gov.uk
• Follow ONS on Twitter for survey summaries at https://twitter.com/ONS
DEVELOPER BUSINESS PLANS
PLANNING BLOGS & WEBSITES
• Martin Goodall’s Planning Law at http://planninglawblog.blogspot.com/.
• Chris Brown at https://regenbrown.wordpress.com/ page/1
• The David Brock Blog at http://thedavidbrockblog.com
SUBSCRIPTIONS & MAGAZINES
• UK Finance emails at www.ukfinance.org.uk
• Property Investor Today emails
• Mortgages for Business emails at www. mortgagesforbusiness.co.uk
• Howard Marks’ Oaktree Capital newsletter (widely read by the stock market).
• Your Property Network
• The No BS HMO
• UK Property Traders
• Inside Rent 2 Rent
• Landlord Tax
• Serviced Accommodation Network UK
• The Next Level Property Group
• R2R Support Group - HMO & Serviced Accommodation
• The HMO Forum
• The HMO and Property Community Group
• taxinsider.co.uk do a report for the RLA on Asset Protection and Tax. It can be purchased for £29.95 on the RLA website, but the site is also worth reading as they regularly publish articles on tax.
• Forum for the Built Environment is ‘the leading independent built environment networking organisation’. Join at https://www.fbeonline.co.uk.
RIGHTMOVE PRICE MOVEMENT TRACKER CHROME BROWSER EXTENSION
• Track property price changes on Rightmove with the Property Tracker browser extension. Download it at https://chrome. google.com/webstore/detail/property- tracker/abgkpdjomdmemeefdefalbeogkml mand?hl=en-GB
MARKET REPORTS & PREDICTIONS
• Deloitte’s real estate predictions series (one of the better reports available).
• City Residential Market reports (or your local equivalent).
TRACING LAND & PROPERTY OWNERS
• Use vicol.com to find owners who are not traceable with the usual resources.
• https://www.rla.org.uk/landlord/guides/moneyclaim.shtml - Anyone claiming to recover outstanding rent should read this useful article on the RLA website.
Planningportal.co.uk do a useful newsletter with all the latest on planning news and is essential reading for anyone who wants to learn more about the planning process. I also recommend you attend your local planning meetings.
https://www.landlordsdefence.co.uk/ very useful legal reference, the site is run by a Barrister specialising in HMO Laws. He runs free webinars which I found very useful and I highly recommend.
MSCI https://www.msci.com/research MSCI are one of the leading global property agents with useful property research and although not as well know as some of the agents, they are highly respected. They do a MSCI Weekly email with their latest research and insights.
You don't need to buy the FT to access many free stories, and I always read leading edge forward thinking content on FT property, to get the free stuff you need to follow them on twitter and download the FT App, it's well worth it.
EIG Live Auctions https://livestream.eigpropertyauctions.co.uk/auction/show/29268
Shit Planning @PlanningShit
A celebration of all the Shit Stuff imposed on our environment. Perpetrated by Architects, Planners, Surveyors, Engineers & other environmental ne’er do wells.
I also recommend Which Magazine which has very detailed appliance reviews and I am a regular subscriber as I alwats look for the better quality appliances, with the longest warranty at the cheapest cost
A new data analysis website called Abricko does really good breakdown on growth areas see their blog section or click https://scardiastefano.wixsite.com/website/blog
Abigal Ahern gives amazing and detailed tips on Instagram via short videos which you will find invaluable if you want to learn interior design tricks of the trade. I watch her videos all the time and she's influenced all my interiors.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmaIzrMBets&t=13s This is video on your legal requirments before starting work on a building site, it's presented by Paul Tinker whos a builder himself.
EIG Auction Newsletter shows data below and is the most up-to-date land reg data available.
Auctions Held in the UK 486
Total Lots Offered 1,305
Total Lots Sold 877
Percent Sold 67.2%
Total Realised £107,805,916
MBL Seminars run high value content relevant to developers with affordable legal seminars including - Due Diligence for Buyers of Development Land - Traps, Tricks & Pitfalls.
I recommend you get on the email list for Bath Publishing who are the publishers of A-practical-guide-to-permitted-changes-of-use. This is a ''must have'' book if you want to know about PD rights.
Bath has also previously run very good webinars in about planning, and this was hosted by some of the most experienced credible planning legal practitioners and credible experts in the country, including, Martin Goodall, David Evans, Oliver Goodwin, and David Chapman. The webinars they held in the past have been cutting edge in terms of up to date planning issues, and I highly recommend watching them when available as you will get a world of quality information from industry leaders.